ACP CSS Loading Issues

Started by Stormwolfe at Apr 08, 2019 1:21 pm
3 Posts

Stormwolfe

Mistress of Storms
61Years Young
3 Posts

Someone dreamed a dream last night and dreamed us all alive.

I was not sure where to put this as I don't think my issue is a bug. I think it is a disconnect between me, Gaia, and my FTP Client (I use Transmit, a Mac specific client). I thought I'd put this here rather than bug you on Discord. ;)

Issue: The ACP CSS file seems to get corrupted any time I try to make changes to the CSS files.

Details: I attempted to adjust the header height and then add a new header banner image using TextWrangler on my Mac. The funny thing is that I was not touching the ACP theme files at all.

Now, the CSS for the ACP is not loading and I get the following message when I make a change to the Front-End theme: The file you tried to upload appears to be corrupt.

Question #1: Can I just delete the files and upload a fresh copy of them or do I need to go from scratch and rerun the Installer?

Question #2: Is it best to do the majority of changes to themes, images, etc. via the ACP? 

Thanks much!

~ StormMom the Tech Challenged

Arceus

codemancer
29Years Young
18 Posts

Stand up child, and turn towards the lightning, and the thunder; so I can see what I've known for all these years.

Jesus, no atm actually, it's best not to touch the themes, the theme system is only like 10% done. You can edit the files via FTP just fine, but please, don't mess with the admin panel theme controls too much I don't promise any of it won't destroy your site.

You can just replace the theme files if you need to.

It looks like every time you do edit the CSS through the admin panel, it wipes the admin CSS, and I'm not 100% sure why, I haven't been able to replicate this issue anywhere else. On the other hand, it doesn't have any controls for editing the admin theme, so if you edited it at all, that'd be why it's died on you. It doesn't yet know what to do for that.

Stormwolfe

Mistress of Storms
61Years Young
3 Posts

Someone dreamed a dream last night and dreamed us all alive.

Gotcha! Thanks billions!