Change PW for admin account?

Started by somechick at Dec 05, 2020 11:29 pm
4 Posts

somechick

?Years Young
2 Posts

I had a tough time getting everything installed. It was mostly with getting logged in the first time and the password wouldn't work.I tried a fourth time and used a simple, easy password and got logged in. I changed it once I got logged in. Is there a way for me to change on the admin side of things? I logged in and looked at the database but I didn't want to start changing things if there was an easier way.

Thanks in advance!

Arceus

codemancer
30Years Young
75 Posts

They don't think that I listen, oh but I know who they are.

Sorry, I don't think I quite understand what you're asking.

If you're trying to change your admin account's password, and can't get into it, you'll need to reset it in the database. If you want to change a different account's password through the admin panel, just go into the member list and manage an account, there's a new password field.

somechick

?Years Young
2 Posts

I was having trouble getting logged in after I did the install. I finally installed it with an easy, short password. I could do the /login just fine and changed my password. However, when I went to site.com/admin (admin panel) it used the original easy password.

I have just tried again thinking maybe it was a fluke. I have changed my password once logged in at least three times. I tried another browser to see if the general login and the /admin login were the same. I couldn't get logged in to the general site. On a whim, I went back to the easy password. It worked. My password changes under "manage profile" didn't work or take.

I have two questions.

1 - How do I get the change password to work under "manage profile"?

2 - When I change my password under "manage profile" does that also change the password for when I go to the admin panel?

Arceus

codemancer
30Years Young
75 Posts

They don't think that I listen, oh but I know who they are.

The admin panel and the front-end password are the same.

There was a bug earlier in 1.0.0 where the password was setting itself blank constantly, so there are strict checks to ensure that the password is intentionally being changed. Ensure you filled in all three fields when changing it, there's the current password field, and the two password fields that must be the new password, match, and both be filled in. It'll save anyway if one is blank, or the current password is wrong, but not actually change anything.