registration error

Started by Tyrone at Jul 23, 2020 4:49 pm
4 Posts

Tyrone

?Years Young
9 Posts

Hi it is me again. 

I have been told that a potential member is receiving the following error message when they try to register. 

https://images.rpginitiative.com/uploads/monthly_2020_07/1284354947_Annotation2020-07-23152705.png.28725c2598a1e1258d77a0cb32dce933.png

I am not sure how to fix this as I tried registering an account myself and using the site title “Devil’s Trap” worked perfectly for me. Any suggestions?

p.s newly registered members are receiving the light variant as their default even though it’s our custom ones for guests. How do we make it the default theme for newly registered users Too?

Arceus

codemancer
30Years Young
75 Posts

They don't think that I listen, oh but I know who they are.

Ask them to try a different browser and see what happens. You may also want to fiddle with the settings in the admin panel because it's possible that it's expecting a reCAPTCHA key and simply isn't getting one to display it.

And they should be getting what is default for their account when they register. That's a global default, not just guests. If they are not, something is going screwy with cookies which is probably related to browser and I cannot help with, or something isn't set right on your end.

Tyrone

?Years Young
9 Posts

Are there any relevant settings other than Core > Security > Site Key And Secret Key. 

Theyre both currently blank, but I think the system is expecting a recaptha, but I don’t understand why it would.

Arceus

codemancer
30Years Young
75 Posts

They don't think that I listen, oh but I know who they are.

Did you change anything in the home.template.php file? Because without the code on the home.template.php end, it won't display the captcha correctly. If it's off, then it should be displaying another field that asks what the site's name is. Also make sure you didn't change any of the field IDs or names.

Either way there's a captcha verification system in place to prevent your site from being hit with spam. It cannot be turned off and it shouldn't be, and it'd be best to try not to tamper with it. If you still can't get this figured out, I'd recommend restoring the default Eros home.template.php.