An Introduction & A Question

Started by Nomad at Apr 15, 2020 5:26 am
6 Posts

Nomad

28Years Young
3 Posts

Hello there!

Allow me to open by apologising. I didn't know where else to go or what to do, so I use this place as a proverbial last resort. I sincerely wish I hadn't needed to resort to posting here, as it feels tactless and silly of me to do, and I suppose it also feels somewhat disrespectful for me to do, but I didn't see any other options available to me.

Firstly, allow me to provide a brief introduction of myself! I usually go by Kit in other places I frequent, though my name here is somewhat randomised because I was unsure what else to do. I've been a long-time fan of play-by-post role playing, having no small amount of experience under my belt. It's been an avid passion for... well over ten years, I'd say.

As for how I found this place: I found it when I went to search for a role playing website, specifically Avatar: The Last Airbender. That was how I found Resurgence, at least the old site, which then direct me to the new site that hosts off of this engine.

That brings me to why I'm here. I'm here because when I went to register, the registration process asked me for a registration key... and I don't know what that is or where I can find it. I scoured the Resurgence website repeatedly to try and find some inkling as to what this key might be, but my searching came up fruitless.I tried to see if I could perhaps find a Discord, or some other information, but I turned up nothing. Unable to find the answers I needed, I fell back to the only other thing I could think of: coming here. I remember reading that one of the website's administrators created the engine themselves. I followed the link at the bottom, found I could register here without need of a key, and... well, here I am.

I'm posting this thread in hopes of reaching out to the administrator that created the engine, and is a part of the website, to find out what it is that I'm doing wrong. I'd love to register on Resurgence and participate, as re-watching Avatar has made me realise how much I enjoy it.

That said, this is hardly the place to get on my soapbox and write a love letter.

I sincerely apologise again if this thread is rude, inconsiderate, or out of place. I simply didn't know what else to do.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and once more, I am very sorry for doing this. I hope that I haven't slighted anybody or been a nuisance or a pest. I look forward to hopefully hearing from somebody soon!

Sincerely,

Nomad (Kit)

Arceus

codemancer
30Years Young
46 Posts

Like a heartbeat, drives you mad, in the stillness of remembering what you had, and what you lost.

Hello there!

Glad to hear you had an interest in one of our hosted sites! Unfortunately, if a site is requiring a registration key, and you don't know where to get one, it's a safe bet the site is closed. If a site's merely private, they'll usually indicate how to get a registration key. c:

Nomad

28Years Young
3 Posts

That's really unfortunate to hear... it looked to be the only active Avatar site, and I was hopeful and excited to register an account to start writing there. I suppose I'll simply have to wait and see if it eventually opens up to the public! I thought maybe I was simply missing the key somewhere else in one of the tabs on the site, but perhaps it is closed for the time being.

Thank you for taking the time to reply to this, even if it may not have directly been your domain. I went out on a branch and you tried assisting regardless, and I also appreciate the fast response a lot! 

I would also like to state on the side that this is wonderfully clean and pleasant on the eyes! You did a fantastic job with this (I will always appreciate being able to use Ctrl shortcuts to format text). Keep up the good work! I hope it gains some more traction and becomes more widespread used! 

Arceus

codemancer
30Years Young
46 Posts

Like a heartbeat, drives you mad, in the stillness of remembering what you had, and what you lost.

I just happened to get on at the right time. Glad I did!

Oooh I can barely keep up with it already xD But thank you!

Nomad

28Years Young
3 Posts

I'm glad you did too, haha. I was honestly expecting a reply sometime later in the afternoon or evening! That's usually what happens when you stay up all night, and your schedule is such a far cry different from everybody else's. I was very lucky to catch you when I did!

With all of this discussion though, and I have taken a look at the website you have hosted here! Winterlight. Perhaps I'll get to have a look at it since I've been playing a lot of Sims lately, and it looks like it could be a lot of fun!

Arceus

codemancer
30Years Young
46 Posts

Yeah, it's 8:30am for me. c:

You're certainly welcome to! If you've got any questions about Winterlight, its Discord is probably the best place to go. c: