Accidental Deletion Prevention

Started by Arceus at Nov 25, 2019 7:45 pm
1 Post

Arceus

codemancer
29Years Young
20 Posts

When it's just us, you show me what it feels like to be lonely; you show me what it feels like to be lost; I take your hand for you to let it go;

Since I know in Athens atm, the delete buttons just delete stuff, here's a quick code you can add to the buttonstrip template to add in deletion confirmation. This will stop it from deleting things when a user accidentally clicks a delete button. You can do this in the admin panel, as well, by editing the default_admin files.

Get into frame.template.php and find this:

$arry .= '
                        <li class="page-item"><a class="page-link" href="'.$button->href.'"'.(isset($button->modal) ? ' data-toggle="modal" data-target="'.$button->modal.'"' : '').'>'.$button->title.'</a></li>';

And add this:

($button->title == 'Delete' ? ' onclick="return confirm(\'Are you sure?\');"' : '').

You should end up with this:

$arry .= '
                        <li class="page-item"><a class="page-link" href="'.$button->href.'"'.(isset($button->modal) ? ' data-toggle="modal" data-target="'.$button->modal.'"' : '').($button->title == 'Delete' ? ' onclick="return confirm(\'Are you sure?\');"' : '').'>'.$button->title.'</a></li>';

I don't know if this will work in all browsers for all users, but hopefully it'll work for most and stop most instances of accidental deletion.